Moanin (モーニン Mōnin ) is the 1st episode of the Kids on the Slope anime. It first aired on April 12, 2012.
Kaoru Nishimi moves to his uncle's house in Kyushu and starts attending the local high school. He meets Shigetora Maruo, the class nerd, Ritsuko Mukae, the class representative, and Sentarō Kawabuchi, the class ruffian.
The next day, when Kaoru asks where he can buy records, Ritsuko invites him over to her family's record store. Ritsuko takes him down to the basement after he mentions that he knows how to play the piano. However, Sentarō is already there and will not let Kaoru play any classical music. Sentarō demonstrates his intense jazz drumming. Kaoru and Sentarō have an argument about how to play a jazz song on the piano, and Kaoru leaves the store after purchasing the record for that song, which happens to be "Moanin'" by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers.
- Director - Shinichiro Watanabe
- Script - Ayako Katoh
- Storyboard - Shinichiro Watanabe
- Episode Director -Kotomi Deai
- Unit Director - Akemi Hayashi (ED), Kazuto Nakazawa (OP)
- Animation Director - Cindy H. Yamauchi
- The song Kaoru and Sentaro are playing on the piano in the episode in the basement is called Moanin by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|